National Quality Framework
From January 2012, the National Quality Framework applies to long day care, family day care; pre-school and outside school hours care services.
The National Quality Framework (NQF) aims to raise quality and drive continuous improvement and consistency in education and care services.
The NQF incorporate a legislative framework which consists of
- The Education and Care Services National Law
- The Education and Care Services National Regulations
Included in the NQF are the National Quality Standards, against which services will be quality assessed and rated. These standards are divided into Quality Areas.
- Educational programs and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management
Bomaderry Community Preschool has embraced all aspects of the National Quality Framework and will be assessed and rated against the National Quality Standards within the next 2 years.