Stand Alone VET Subject
Vocational Education and Training (VET) at Shoalhaven Region Anglican Schools (SRAS) allows students in Stage 5 and Stage 6 to study VET courses. These courses allow students to develop work-related skills as well as to articulate to further education and training at TAFE or University.
All VET courses offered at SRAS are Industry Curriculum Framework (ICF) courses. Industry curriculum framework courses give students the opportunity to gain credit towards the NSW Higher School Certificate (HSC) and credit towards national vocational qualifications under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). All students studying a VET course at SRAS are required to completed mandatory work placement. Work Placement reinforces and consolidates the theoretical and practical learning that students receive in school.
The SRAS offers the following VET Courses( available to students enrolled at NAC or SAS):
- Entertainment – provides pathways to Certificate III in Live Production, Theatre and Events (Technical Operations)
- Information Digital Technology – provides pathways to Certificate III in Information Digital Media & Technology
- Early Child Care
- Hospitality – provides pathways to Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
- Primary Industries – provides pathways to Certificate II in Horticulture
- Construction (Certificate II) in Construction Pathways
- Electrotechnology (Certificate II)
SRAS recognises the need to provide students with the skills, knowledge and industry experience to effectively transition into further education, training and the work place. Vocational Education and Training is hands-on learning that engages student and develops their employability skills.