About Nowra Anglican College


When starting at a new school there is always a learning curve for both students and families in finding their way around.  Many of  our new families, have a range of questions.  Below are some of the more frequently asked questions. Hopefully they may answer a few of yours.  If not, our friendly staff at School Reception and Students Services are an excellent resource and a good first point of contact.  Conveniently located in the main administration building, the staff are only too happy to help with any matter affecting current enrolled students.  The office is open between 8:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday.

Parent PortalWhat is the Parent Portal?

The parent portal provides parents and carers with up to date information regarding your child(ren)’s progress at school.  The following services are available through the Parent Portal

  • Noticeboard provides reminders of club activities and other meetings at the school.
  • Student Profiles provides a snapshot of your child(ren)’s school life.  This includes your child(ren)’s timetable, recent and upcoming tasks for Senior students, academic reports, awards and discipline entries, and recording and verifying absenteeism and class attendance.
  • Show my details allows you to make changes to your contact details as well as your child(ren)s medical details.
  • Change password allows you to reset your password.
  • Online Classroom will take you to Moodle, the College’s online learning environment.
  • School Calendar provides up to date information regarding College Events as well as student assessment information.

How do I access the Parent Portal?

The Parent Portal is accessed via the Nowra Anglican College website – www.www.nac.nsw.edu.au.  There is a tab on the home page. If you are unaware of your User ID or password please contact the Reception Desk on 4421 7711 and they will be able to assist with this. A Guide to the Parent Portal.

How often will I receive a formal report?

Reports are one means of informing parents and recording information relating to a child’s progress. They are important documents and are written primarily for the parents of students. A more holistic view of the progress of each child can be gained through talking with the class teacher and other staff.  Two written reports are issued each year. Semester One reports are provided at the end of Term 2. Semester Two reports are distributed at the end of Term 4.  Reports are provided in a digital format.

What if my child is absent?

Attendance at school is a legal requirement. Any absence from school during normal hours because of illness or other reasons must be accounted for.  Parents are able to explain absences via the Parent Portal (on the College website) or a note to explain an absence is required on the student’s return.

For an extended absence during term time (e.g. for a family holiday) permission must be requested in writing and addressed to the Principal. An application for Exemption from Attendance form must be completed.

What if my child is late or needs to leave early?

Students who arrive late (after the morning assembly) are required to have a parent/carer sign them in at Student Services. They will receive a note which they take to their class teacher.

Students are not permitted to leave the College grounds unless written parental permission has been provided to the office. Students take their note to Student Services before class in the morning, receive a permission slip to give to their teacher and meet their parent/carer in the office upon signing out. Students are required to report to Student Services when they return to school following an appointment.

What if my child gets sick at school?

Sick Bay is located at Student Services. The College needs to be notified of any student on medication. The appropriate documentation needs to be completed and submitted to Student Services and may need to be negotiated with the Principal or Head of Junior School. Pain relievers are not administered unless provided to the student by parents/caregivers as described. Students who require asthma inhalers should keep their inhalers with them and self-administer. It is recommended that a second inhaler is provided for the student and kept at Student Services. The student’s name and class should be clearly marked.

What happens if my child loses their property?

Labelled items handed in at Students services will be returned to students at the earliest possibility.  Please ensure that all items of uniform and other belongings are clearly labeled with your child’s name (initials are not sufficient identification).

Students are not permitted to bring expensive toys, correction fluid, aerosol cans, digital cameras, ipods or chewing gum. Wooden cricket bats/hockey sticks and hard balls are not permitted in the playground. They must be stored at Student Services if used for after school activities.

Can my child have a mobile phone?

Students who have a mobile phone whilst they are at the College are required to have them switched off at all times and kept in their school bags. Students may ask to make a phone call at Student Services in the event of an emergency e.g. they haven’t been picked up in the afternoon.

Nowra Anglican College