- To honour and uphold the histories, cultures, languages, traditions, child rearing practices and lifestyle choices of families and community.
- To value children’s different capacities and abilities and respect differences.
- To provide a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment which fosters a sense of being, belonging and becoming.
- To provide a learning environment which provokes a sense of wonder, curiosity and intellectual engagement.
- To build genuine relationships and partnerships with families that underpins and enables learning to occur.
- To provide a learning environment that observes and upholds social justice issues ensuring equity and inclusion for all.
- To foster children’s motivation to learn and reinforce their sense of themselves as competent learners.
- To promote a culture of professional inquiry, where ongoing reflection and review of current practices are examined, outcomes reviewed and new ideas generated.